Elite Nannies On Call- Miami Nanny Agency-Nanny Services Miami
1. BE COMMITTED TO THE RELATIONSHIP- I don’t know why this one made me laugh sorry! 🙂
The importance of being open, reliable, consistent, and a committed employer who is invested in the health of the relationship cannot be emphasized enough.
2. PROVIDE A CLEAR JOB DESCRIPTION And EMPLOYMENT AGREEMENT
This is a professional employment position and as the employer it is your responsibility to present a reasonable and clear job description that describes responsibilities and specific duties, expectations, terms of the agreement, salary and benefits. Nannies are not mind readers. A good job description can be the basis for an employment agreement that every employer and nanny should share and sign off on. Of course, always open for review by both parties.
3. CREATE OPEN CHANNELS OF COMMUNICATION
It is imperative that both nanny and employer have a venue for the sharing of both positive and constructive critical feedback. Goals should be set and reviewed and issues should not be buried under the carpet. The most successful relationships are based upon ongoing and open communication. Do not be afraid of giving constructive feedback on performance. It is key for your employee’s growth and development. Do it in a positive way. Employers should be open to hear things that they might not want to hear, too. It is a good idea to schedule regular meetings.
4. PROVIDE AN ORIENTATION AND TRAINING PERIOD.
Employers need to invest at least two or three days (if not more) in orienting the new nanny to their new job. This position is unique. This is the time to set the norms and really work together in establishing routines, practices, and boundaries.
5. BOUNDARIES!!!! RESIST THE TEMPTATION TO BECOME GOOD BUDDIES. MAINTAIN A PROFESSIONAL BUT CORDIAL RELATIONSHIP.
It is difficult giving feedback to someone who has become a surrogate daughter or confidante. This can lead to much misunderstanding and possible chaos….keep it simple!
6. PROVIDE SUPPORT AND CONSISTENCY IN TERMS OF CHILD CARE PRACTICES.
It is critical that nanny and parents be on the same page when it comes to discipline and limit setting. Undermining your nanny by giving your child mixed messages sets the stage for confusion and frustration and possible hostile nanny in your hands.
7. FYI- LIGHT HOUSEWORK DOES NOT USUALLY INCLUDE TOILET SCRUBBING AND WASHING AND FOLDING EMPLOYER’S UNDERWEAR.
8. MOTIVATE AND PRAISE THROUGH THE SETTING OF SHORT AND LONG TERM GOALS THAT YOUR NANNY CAN PROUDLY WORK TOWARDS.
9. SCHEDULE PERFORMANCE REVIEWS ON A REGULAR BASIS.
Use as a tool for empowerment and growth; not intimidation.
10. PAY YOUR NANNY LEGALLY AND ON TIME. No exceptions!
11. A PLUS~~~~~CELEBRATE YEARLY ANNIVERSARIES. Who doesn’t like anniversaries??? 🙂
Nannies services Miami, nannies live in, Miami nannies, Palm Beach nannies, Palm Beach Nanny, Miami nanny, nannies Florida, Florida nanny, Florida nanny agencies, Miami Beach Nanny, Miami nanny agency, nanny jobs in Miami, full time live in nannies Miami, part time nannies Miami, baby specialists Miami, domestic staffing agency, private tutor nanny Miami, short-term nanny, hotel baby sitter Miami, Newborn Specialists Miami, Newborn Care Miami