Healthy Snacks for Kids-Parents & Nannies in Miami
What would be considered healthy snacks for kids? A healthy snack is important to children and even adults. “Can I have a snack?” is sometimes first thing children ask for when they get home after school. They seem to be always ravenous – often begging for something sweet, although they usually want a substantial “power snack” as well. It can be a real challenge to find something healthy and filling that doesn’t take a lot of effort to make. Having a mini-meal to tide them over until parents are home and dinner is on the table while not spoiling their appetite is another obstacle on its own. Here are a few ideas that may go over well with little or no protest. 🙂
- Cheese & crackers
- Toast or graham crackers with peanut or almond butter
- Healthy organic, gluten-free cookies – Our favorite: peanut butter, oatmeal, chocolate chip.
- Fresh fruit – I keep a large bowl of fruit on the counter at all times.
- Yogurt parfait – Layers of yogurt, fruit and granola – always a fav!
- Smoothies – using fresh or frozen fruit and yogurt or homemade kefir
- Warm baked tortilla chips and dips
- Snack Rollups
Hope this helps! 🙂
Elite Nannies On Call- a specialized nanny agency with branches in Miami-Dade, Broward, and the Palm Beaches, providing extraordinary nanny placement services, in addition to Full-Time, Part-Time and Short Term nanny placements at an exceptional standard of quality and reliability to private families, film industry clients and top hotels.
nannies miami, nanny miami, Miami Beach Nanny, Miami nanny agency, nanny jobs in miami, bilingual nannies, full time live in nannies miami, part time nannies miami, on call nannies miami, short term nannies, baby specialists Miami, special needs nannies miami, domestic staffing agency miami, autism therapists miami, nanny in Miami, weekend nannies Miami, nanny service Miami, private tutor nanny Miami